The Window defender is the best antivirus software intended to protect computers from outside viruses and other undesirable activities. In spite of the fact that it’s a standout amongst other antivirus programming alternatives for most clients, there could be circumstances where you might need to cripple the element for all time. Many users don’t know how to do this.
As a matter of fact, Windows 10 doesn’t have a feature to uninstall or disable the windows defender from your computer. Until or unless you install a third party solution that may automatically do this task. However, to disable or turn off the windows defender is possible through the windows security app.
Here is the complete guide step by step which tells you how to turn off Windows Defender through the windows security app. There are 2 most common methods to turn off window defender:
- Disable window defender through windows security
- Disable window defender through Group Policy
Method 1: Disable window defender through windows security Step by Step guide:
- Open Start Button
- Go to the settings or click on Search button and type Windows Security to open the particular app
- Now Click on Virus and Threat Protection option for further proceeding
- Furthermore, You will see an option of Manage settings in the file of Virus and threat protection
Now, you will open up with a Real-time protection switch, you can see the toggle button in this folder. Just turn off that toggle button and you will switch off the windows defender temporarily.
You can generally empower the ongoing assurance again by restarting the gadget, or utilizing similar guidelines laid out above, however on step No. 5, make a point to turn on the Real-time insurance flip switch. In spite of the fact that this is certainly not a perpetual arrangement, it’s the most ideal choice to incapacitate the Windows defender to play out a particular undertaking.
Method 2: Disable window defender through Group Policy:
If you want to turn off the window defender permanently then you have to go for the Tamper Protection feature of the window 10 security app. Tamper Protection was updated from 10 May 2019 for the protection of unauthorized changes. So, here are the steps to disable Window Defender permanently.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Open Start Button.
- Go to the settings or Click on Search catch and type Windows Security to open the specific application.
- Presently Click on Virus and Threat Protection alternative for an additional procedure.
- Moreover, You will see an alternative to Manage settings in the document of Virus and danger assurance.
- You will find an option of Tamper Protection, simply turn off the Tamper Protection button to disable window Defender permanently.
- Furthermore, now you have to go for further instructions.
- Open the window search button and search for gpedit.msc and you will get the top results of Local Group Policy Editor.
- Now you have to follow a specific pathway to turn off the Window Defender.
- Computer Configuration
- Then Administrative Templates
- Forward, Windows Components
- And finally, click the Microsoft Defender Antivirus
- A window will open and you have to double click on the option of turning off Microsoft Window Defender.
- Now a window will open in which you will find an Enable button. Simply, Click on that button and turn off the Window Defender permanently.
- And after applying these settings restart your system for smooth functioning.