Whenever you try to connect your Ps4 to the wrong domain servers, immediately it gives you error messages. This PS4 DNS error can be caused by a number of factors. A remote or local PS4 DNS error can occur. A local problem occurs when your computer is not properly linked to the Internet. The remote issue denotes a difficulty with authentication on the web server.
PS4 DNS error messages also pops-up when your PlayStation four is trying to connect to the older network settings despite the newly established network. It requires the new configuration settings to be done to sort out the error. PS4 DNS error usually appears when your DNS settings of WIFI and LAN go wrong. It is most difficult for people to resolve this issue. Most PS4 DNS errors we see are NW-31250-1 and NW-31246-6. Before resolving any type of PS4 DNS error, you must make sure that nothing is wrong with either your WIFI or LAN.
Different types of PS4 DNS error codes
- PS4 DNS error CE-33986-9 indicates that there is a problem with the interest connection.
- PS4 DNS error NW-33986-9 appears when the DNS server settings are wrong.
- PS4 DNS error NW-31251-2 appears when the system cannot connect to the WIFI. To fix this, simply navigate to settings and input the correct parameters.
How to fix PS4 DNS errors?
Following are the three solutions to fix PS4 DNS errors. Just keep in mind don’t try to skip any step during the job it will make you easy to understand the logic behind PS4 DNS Error.
1. Configure DNS manually
- switch on your PS4 and go to settings.
- Set the internet connection by going to the network.
- Choose an internet connection type
- Connect Ethernet cable or router
- Click on a custom setup
- Change IP address settings to Automatic.
- Change the DNS setting to manual.
- Enter the address of the default
- Click on the Next button
- Select Automatic
- In your proxy server, select the do not use option.
2. Reset the PS4 settings
- Turn off the console
- Disconnect the system from power as well as the router
- Leave it like this for a minimum of 4 minutes.
- Boot the PS4 into safe mode
- Use a reliable cable to connect your controller.
- Click on Option 4, i.e. Restore Default Settings.
Note: You can enter into Safe Mode by pressing the power button and holding it for 10 seconds.
This method only restores your console settings to the default settings, so you don’t have to worry about deleting your game data and other media files.
3. Turn off firewall
It’s also conceivable that “PS4 DNS error” is caused by your firewall. If you’re on a private network, such as in a school or in a workplace, contact the IT administrator for help. Configure your separate router or stand-alone firewall if you’re on your home network and have one. Alternatively, you may link your Ps4 to the modem directly.
After performing these methods, check if you are still getting the PS4 DNS errors. These methods should remove all of them. Manually configuring the DNS setting is the method recommended by PlayStation itself. Therefore, changing the DNS settings must take care of the annoying error. Even if these methods fail to resolve the issue, you can visit the PlayStation Support website and follow their instructions.
What is DNS?
DNS is the abbreviation of Domain Name System. It is essentially needed for locating the IP addresses to the domain names.
What is a dns error ps4?
The PS4 DNS error often occurs when a breakdown in the PS4 DNS setting anywhere. The internet connection, such as the Wi-Fi and LAN connection, is additionally chargeable for the DNS error PS4.