Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP all are the latest and old versions of Microsoft Windows. But which version of windows you are using is hidden in your system. You can get information about this in a few simple clicks.
The knowledge about the window version that you are using is essential when you want to know about the compatibility of the software with your window. It is also necessary to follow directions while installing software and drivers.
You can get information about “What version of windows do I have” by following simple steps and commands.
Steps for Window 8 and Window 10:
- First, go to the windows desktop screen and press the Windows key and R key simultaneously. A dialogue box will open at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Now, simply type winver in the open search box. And click on the Ok button
- You will get a text box with complete information about your window version
Additional information about your window:
If you want to know more additional information about your window then you have to follow these simple commands.
- First of all, click on the start button
- Choose settings from that window
- Now you have to choose a system from the file
- Furthermore, now you have to select the about button
- And you will get all other additional information about your window version either it is on 32 bit or 64 bit etc.
Steps to Know version of Window 7 and earlier windows:
- Click the Start icon, typically found in the lower left corner of the principal work area screen.
- Now, you have to click on the Run or Search field then type winver, and press Enter.
- An About Windows window opens and shows the form of Microsoft Windows, the fabricate data, and administration pack data, if any help pack is introduced.
Additional information about windows 7 is hidden in the control panel. Data on which Windows 7 version you have, just as whether it’s 64-cycle or 32-bit, is all accessible in the Control Panel in the System applet. You can easily get that information on simple clicks.